All Citizens Advice local offices are independent charities, governed by their own board of trustees, who are ultimately responsible for leading the organisation and deciding how it is run.
Day-to-day control is delegated to the Chief Officer. Trustees are responsible for:
- Setting the overall direction and provides leadership and guidance to the Chief Executive
- Ensuring CALD meets the needs of the local community and the Citizens Advice membership standards
- Employing staff and controlling finances
- Earning and retaining the respect of important and influential people and organisations in the community, including funding bodies
- Ensuring the office complies with relevant laws.